Kaplan Business School provides students with an opportunity to apply the theories and concepts learnt in their studies in a real work environment.
Careers Central assists Undergraduate and Postgraduate students with finding suitable placements based on their interests and needs.
Why consider an academic internship?
Recent research conducted in Australia shows that students who do internships are better at decision-making and managing their careers than those who don’t. With potential for higher graduate pay, broader networks and greater insight into the industry, internships are now considered an essential part of an education.*
Internships are a fantastic, unique opportunity for students to:
- Develop relevant work-skills and apply your studies in practice while gaining credit towards your study.
- Gain exposure in a professional environment and see the day-to-day operations of a business.
- Improve your industry knowledge and expertise around the workplace and further build your professional network.
*Brigham Young University, (2017). Benefits of Internships. [Online] Available at: https://intern.byu.edu/content/benefits-internships [Accessed November 2017]
Enhance Your Career Prospects with an MBA Internship
KBS provides you with an opportunity to apply the theories and concepts learnt in your postgraduate qualification in a real work environment.
The MBA507 subject involves completion of a 204 hour work placement integrating academic learning, enhanced employability skills and attributes, and an improved knowledge of organisations and career pathways within your specialised industry.
The ultimate objective of this work-integrated learning experience is to deepen your understanding of the job-ready skills in demand by high quality employers. Success in this subject will therefore enhance your employability, allow you to experience practical applications of theory and expand your network with business professionals who will support you on your journey to establishing a career.
On completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- LO1: Apply business-related theories, concepts, models and principles in a professional environment.
- LO2: Analyse business problems and deliver innovative solutions in a complex work environment.
- LO3: Evaluate personal work-related strengths and limitations in the context of stakeholder management and employer expectations.
- LO4: Create a comprehensive plan for personal learning and development throughout the work placement and thereafter.
OFFERING: Part Time internship (17 hours per week)
DURATION: 12 weeks
EQUIVALENT TO: One elective