Master of Information Technology (Extension)
Typical Duration / Standard Study Option 2 years / 15 Subjects / 6 trimesters
Structure / 15 subjects: 9 core + 4 IT electives + 2 MBA electives
CAREER OUTCOMES / Data Engineer / Multimedia Specialist / Security Architect / Software Developer
START DATE / March, July, September + November
The Master of Information Technology (Extension) is suitable for students who would like to investigate business opportunities by applying a range of technological and programming concepts and tools. You will learn how to formulate, advise and implement business solutions via the aid of technology-based approaches and to communicate complex solutions and outcomes to diverse stakeholders clearly and effectively. Additionally, you will become adept at creating collaborative technological strategies based on current real-world case studies.
You will also be taught how to apply a technical mindset when evaluating ethical, privacy and information security issues regarding technology. The course will enable you to graduate with the ability to construct, manage and operate in diverse expert teams to oversee technological initiatives.
If you would like to focus on a particular field in information technology, we offer four specialisations to choose from. For further information, please visit our specialisations page.
Applications open 1 October 2022.
Teaching will begin in March 2023 (Trimester 1)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Gold Coast / Melbourne / Perth / Sydney
IT subject codes begin with the letters TECH. All other subject codes refer to Business electives. Interdisciplinary MBA electives can be found on our MBA course page.
Graduation with an IT specialisation is optional and contingent on the completion of relevant subjects from the pool of IT and MBA electives. For further information, please visit our specialisations page.
Students at the Gold Coast campus will choose from a limited selection of subjects for Trimester 1 2024. For more information, please commence your application through Kaplink to see the full list of available subjects.
Course Learning Outcomes
Students enrolled in the Master of Information Technology (Extension) at Kaplan Business School will learn how to:
- Investigate business opportunities by applying a range of technological and programming concepts, research and tools
- Persuade stakeholders on solutions and outcomes for complex technological problems
- Demonstrate use of sound judgement to formulate, advise and implement business solutions via the aid of technology-based approaches
- Create solutions for complex business problems by adopting an exploratory, technical and global mindset
- Evaluate ethical, privacy and information security issues regarding technology
- Construct, manage and operate in diverse expert teams to oversee technological initiatives
- Create collaborative technological strategies and solutions based on current real-world case studies
All students applying to study at Kaplan Business School must satisfy the entry requirements for the desired course.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Students may be eligible for credit for academic work previously completed and should apply to the School for this to be recognised as an exemption from individual subjects of study.