Your chance to receive a 50% scholarship!
Are you a current Kaplan Business School student achieving exceptional academic results while contributing positively to the KBS community? Submit an application and you could be the winner of the Dean's Award!
Awarded to up to two students nationally each trimester, the Dean's Award winners are awarded a 50% scholarship for the remainder of their current course and any future Kaplan Business School course. The award winners will be determined based on academic performance and overall contribution to the KBS community.
Want to find out more information?Download Dean’s Award brochure (PDF) >
For students to be eligible for the award, they must fulfil the following criteria:
- At the time of application, the student must have a Distinction average or higher grade
- Submit a 500-word personal statement or 2-minute video on why they should receive the award
- Provide evidence or examples where they have gone above and beyond for the KBS community
- Submissions will be open from Monday Week 8 until Sunday Week 10 of each trimester
- Students submit their personal statement or video to email@example.com
- Award submissions will be reviewed by an Executive Committee in Week 11 of the trimester
- The Dean’s Award winners and Runners-Up will be announced in Week 12 of the trimester
DEAN'S AWARD WINNERS
Payal Gidwani / Panamanian / Master of Business Analytics (Extension)
Trimester 3, 2020
Payal is enrolled in our Master of Business Analytics (Extension) and has attained a High Distinction in every subject thus far. Beyond her studies, Payal’s extracurricular contribution has included the establishment of a Women in Analytics Club with her colleagues, the organisation of trivia nights, the facilitation of connections between KBS and her former employer Google, and involvement as a volunteer at graduation ceremonies, orientation sessions and several other events.
Lucas Goransky / Argentinian / Master of Business Administration
Trimester 3, 2020
Lucas is enrolled in our Master of Business Administration and has attained a High Distinction in all but one of his subjects. He is perhaps best known at KBS (and outside of Kaplan too) as a co-organiser of the most recent TEDx event in Sydney to which numerous KBS students were invited, the focus of which was climate change. Lucas was also ever-present at last month’s graduation ceremonies where he was a director and presenter of our Facebook Live broadcast.
T3 2020 Runners-up:
Shafaq Naqvi / Indian / Master of Business Administration
Luisa Rincon / Colombian / Master of Business Analytics (Extension)
Ralf Carta / Filipino / Master of Business Administration
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Up to two Dean’s Awards are granted nationally each trimester.
- Up to four Runners-Up $250 gift vouchers are awarded nationally each trimester.
- The Dean’s Award winners are awarded a 50% scholarship for the remainder of their current Kaplan Business School course and any subsequent Kaplan Business School course they enrol in.
- The Dean’s Award scholarship will be applied from the trimester after the award is given.
- The Dean’s Award scholarship cannot be combined with any existing scholarship or fee reduction that the student currently holds. Any pre-existing scholarship would cease once the Dean’s Award scholarship comes into effect.
- Recipients of the Dean’s Award agree to having their name, photograph and a brief summary of their achievements published on the Kaplan Business School website and marketing collateral. The Runner-Up’s names may also be published.
- Students can only receive the Dean’s Award once whilst studying at Kaplan Business School. If a student is a Runner-Up, they can re-apply for the Dean’s Award in subsequent Trimesters. Kaplan Business School reserves the right for there not to be a Dean’s Award winner or Runner-Up in any given Trimester if no suitable recipient has applied.