Master of Business Analytics (Extension)
Typical Duration / Standard Study Option 2 years / 6 trimesters
Structure / 15 subjects: 13 core + 2 electives
CAREER OUTCOMES / Business analytics team leader / Social media manager / Corporate reporting supervisor / Management consultant
START DATE / March, July, September + November
The Master of Business Analytics (Extension) is designed for students with an ambition to further their career within the business analytics industry, which is why they will be taught how to build and manage expert teams and to strategically oversee data-driven initiatives. This will culminate in a complex body of knowledge and skills, all of which will produce graduates who are ready for the next stage of their career.
This course is also available online.
Our IAPA membership provides students with industry-relevant benefits.
Adelaide / Brisbane / Melbourne / Perth / Sydney / Online
The Master of Business Analytics (Extension) requires you to accrue a total of 64 credit points.
Two MBA electives are to be selected as elective subjects (6 credit points each). Please refer to the table above to see available options.
Course Learning Outcomes
Students enrolled in the Master of Business Analytics (Extension) at Kaplan Business School will learn how to:
- Investigate business opportunities by applying off-the-shelf analytics tools to business data
- Communicate complex business data outcomes to diverse, specialist and non-specialist stakeholders clearly, effectively and in an engaging and ethical manner
- Use sound judgement to formulate, advise and implement business solutions via the aid of data-driven, evidence-based approaches
- Apply an exploratory mindset when solving complex business problems
- Evaluate ethical, privacy and security issues regarding smart technology, and data acquisition, management and distribution
- Construct, manage and operate in diverse expert teams to oversee data-driven initiatives
- Create collaborative business analytics strategies and solutions based on current real-world case studies
All students applying to study at Kaplan Business School must satisfy the entry requirements for the desired course.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Students may be eligible for credit for academic work previously completed and should apply to the School for this to be recognised as an exemption from individual subjects of study.