Master of Professional Accounting
Typical Duration / Standard Study Option 1 year, 8 months / 12 subjects / 5 trimesters
Structure / 12 subjects: 12 core
CAREER OUTCOMES / Business risk manager / External auditor and assurance specialist / Financial analyst / Insolvency and reconstruction specialist
START DATE / March, July, September + November
The Master of Professional Accounting is an internationally recognised qualification and offers a pathway towards professional accreditation. You will develop a comprehensive understanding of accounting principles while improving your critical thinking, analytical and corporate governance skills.
This course has industry accreditation from the following accounting bodies:
Adelaide / Brisbane / Melbourne / Sydney / Perth
Course Learning Outcomes
Students enrolled in the Master of Professional Accounting at Kaplan Business School will learn how to:
- Assess and demonstrate professional skills and knowledge in relation to contemporary accounting issues and related practices
- Determine and apply appropriate professional and analytical skills to address specific accounting and business issues and challenges
- Evaluate professional accounting and business issues emerging from strategic developments in practice and accounting regulation
- Debate contemporary accounting issues within a range of theories and frameworks
- Analyse the impact of law and ethics on accounting practice
All students applying to study at Kaplan Business School must satisfy the entry requirements for the desired course.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Students may be eligible for credit for academic work previously completed and should apply to the School for this to be recognised as an exemption from individual subjects of study.