Graduate Diploma of Information Technology
Typical Duration /
Standard Study Option 1 year / 8 subjects / 3 trimesters
Structure / 8 subjects: 8 core
CAREER OUTCOMES / Computer Network Engineer / Computer Systems Engineer / IT Support Engineer / IT Test Engineer
START DATE / March, July, September + November
The Graduate Diploma of Information Technology is suitable for students who want to build on foundational IT skills and gain knowledge in advanced computing subject areas such as programming and cyber security. You will learn how to use project management and IT-related logical thinking to formulate and implement business solutions across various industries including IT, communications, management and business. You will also be taught how to evaluate ethical, privacy and information security issues regarding technology.
Applications open 1 October 2022.
Adelaide / Brisbane / Melbourne / Perth / Sydney / Online
Course Learning Outcomes
Students enrolled in the Graduate Diploma of Information Technology at Kaplan Business School will learn how to:
- Investigate business opportunities by applying a range of technological and programming concepts and tools
- Persuade stakeholders on solutions and outcomes for complex technological problems
- Demonstrate use of sound judgement to formulate, advise and implement business solutions via the aid of technology-based approaches
- Create solutions for complex business problems by adopting an exploratory, technical and global mindset
- Evaluate ethical, privacy and information security issues regarding technology
All students applying to study at Kaplan Business School must satisfy the entry requirements for the desired course.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Students may be eligible for credit for academic work previously completed and should apply to the School for this to be recognised as an exemption from individual subjects of study.