Did you know? All KBS graduates who successfully complete a bachelor or master’s degree are eligible to apply for a 30% discount on course fees via our Alumni Scholarship Program, making postgraduate study a lot more affordable! You can view more about postgraduate business degree options here.
3. Build on essential skills
Another valuable option for new graduates is to dedicate some time to further professional development. You might choose to apply for an English language course or secure an internship in your field of interest.
Whether it’s undertaken during your studies or as a graduate, it’s never too late. An internship is a very valuable addition to your CV, particularly when you have clear objectives in mind.
It’s a great opportunity to learn technical and ‘soft’ skills, gain insights into your industry and grow your confidence.
Think of it as a long-term strategy; getting your foot in the door so to speak. You’ll have the chance to network and make connections that might lead to a more permanent position. Consider this – 1 in 3 students were offered ongoing employment with their host employer. **
It’s important to be strategic about how you find and select an internship – you need to make sure it aligns with your future goals and objectives.
For example, ask yourself: at this stage is it more beneficial for you to intern at a small company for hands-on experience, or at a larger company that may expose you to greater networking and industry connections?
If you’re looking to build up your professional development, it’s very much worth staying active within the alumni network of your school/uni you graduate from.
For example, as a KBS alumni you would benefit from:
- Free Careers Central service for life including careers consultations, resume checks and interview practice even after you graduate
- Unlimited access to all online classes within your course Regular alumni workshops, for example in Excel and Xero, which gives industry recognised certification
- Recruitment services where our careers team regularly post full-time paid jobs as well as internships on our KBS Alumni Community LinkedIn page
- Vodcasts/seminars as well as networking opportunities with 5,600+ alumni, KBS staff and lecturers, and industry guests