Australia Reopens For Students
International students welcomed back to Australia from 1 December
Kaplan Business School welcomes yesterday’s announcement from the Australian Prime Minister, Scott Morrison, that international student visa holders who are vaccinated with a TGA recognised vaccine will be able to enter Australia from 1 December, without the need to apply for a travel exemption.
This is a significant development in the recovery of the international education sector, and the broader Australian economy from the impacts of the COVID 19 pandemic. Australia currently has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world, with over 85% of people aged over 16 being fully vaccinated, and in some cities, this fully vaccinated rate is close to 95%. This demonstrates Australia’s commitment to the health and well-being of our population and student communities.
To be permitted to enter Australia, international students will need to meet the following conditions:
- Be fully vaccinated with a completed dosage of a vaccine approved or recognised by Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). A full list of vaccines can be found here.
- Hold a valid visa for one of the eligible visa subclasses, which includes Student Visa (subclass 500).
- Provide proof of their vaccination status.
- Present a negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test taken within three days of departure.
- Comply with the quarantine arrangements of the state they are travelling to. Currently, only travellers to New South Wales (Sydney campus) and Victoria (Melbourne campus) are not required to quarantine, but the situation in other states will change in the future. You can read more about the current requirements of Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia via the links.
Kaplan has also recently announced its participation in the NSW International Students Arrival Plan, which will create a safe pathway for international students to return to on-campus learning in Australia. As part of this plan, Kaplan Business School is excited to be welcoming back students from Vietnam on Monday 6 December, followed by additional students from South Asia before the end of the year.
This is a great step forward and we can’t wait to welcome our international students back into Australia, and into our KBS classrooms!