If you didn’t get the ATAR you wanted, it’s not the end of the world! Here’s why…
You actually have plenty of options including private colleges, institutes and training organisations who offer alternative pathways to study. To complete an MBA you could begin your first year at a Graduate Certificate level, then proceed your way up in 2nd year to Graduate Diploma, and last but not least, finish your third year and come out with a full-fledged Master of Business Administration.
Pretty neat, right? In fact, this ‘tiered’ course structure that allows you to transfer your study credits has become widely popular across private business colleges, and is the perfect solution for early school leavers and mature age students.
If you left high school early to work, you’re not alone.
Many institutions now recognise this as perfectly acceptable, and the way they are measured is based on their job’s skill level, and looks at things such as the number of years they’ve been in the type of role, and the type of work they were doing. In 2015, skills are assets more valuable than ever. Sure, grades are still relevant, but career experience is now also heavily considered.
“My ATAR wasn’t high enough”
Launch your career with a professional qualification
More and more people are looking towards alternatives to the traditional universities, and there’s little surprise why. Kaplan Business School offers fast and streamlined pathways into degrees, but it doesn’t stop there.
- Kaplan Business School’s industry placement program is a unique experience available to you during your studies. It provides you with an opportunity to gain real experience in the workplace so that you’re not just learning theory without the understanding of proper application.
- Kaplan Business School’s study pathways mean that you can do a graduate certificate, undergraduate or postgraduate degree, entering from various points and exiting whenever you’ve reached your desired goal.
- We have on-campus academic support facilities to assist you with getting up to speed with basic maths and English skills. This is completely optional and at comes at no extra cost.
- Our courses are also incredibly flexible, with part-time options and even an online mode for our MBA (study from home!). One of the best things about our courses is you can tailor your study load to exactly the way you like it.
If you would like further detailed information about our courses, please click here.
Your Personal Careers Team, On Campus
The advice of a professional career practitioner to help you plan your future is invaluable. Kaplan Business School offers one-on-one appointments with seasoned employment specialists, and regularly holds ongoing seminars and career workshops to help students reach their full career potential. Alumni students are also supported after graduation.
Kaplan Business School’s Careers Central team are available weekly to provide expert career support and guidance.
All students are entitled and encouraged to make regular appointments to see their personal Careers Advisor who can provide support and guidance with:
- Resume writing and covering letter preparation
- Preparing your social media profile
- Job-hunting advice
- Application and interview preparation tips
- Networking techniques and how to create professional opportunities
- Information on professional accreditation and associations
- Career pathways and planning guidance
- Employability skills information sessions and online resources
- Paid employment, voluntary work and internships
- Relevant industry updates and employment trends
If you’d like to learn more, please follow the link below and we can organise a complimentary one-on-one careers session for you.