Kaplan Business School offers a range of accounting courses in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.
As part of the KBS Masters in Accounting course, you’ll learn the accounting and management knowledge and skills required to gain employment in a variety of organisations in public practice and industry. Topics covered include management accounting, financial accounting, business and corporations law, financial reporting, corporate governance and regulatory processes, taxation law and auditing and assurance.
Read our student testimonials to see what students currently studying the Master of Professional Accounting have to say about the course.
Upon completion of this accounting course you will:
- demonstrate professional skills and knowledge in relation to contemporary accounting issues and related practices
- apply appropriate professional and analytical skills to address specific accounting and business issues and challenges
- evaluate professional accounting and business issues emerging from strategic developments in practice and accounting regulation
- analyse contemporary accounting issues within a range of theories and frameworks
- analyse the impact of law and ethics on accounting practices
- be classified as an ‘accountant’ in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO Code: 2211-11)
- be eligible for admission into the professional programs offered by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), CPA Australia (CPA) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
- meet the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) membership requirements for Associate status
- qualify for eight exemptions from ACCA membership examinations.
This accounting course is perfect for you if you are:
- from a non-accounting background and want to pursue a career in this industry, and possess an undergraduate degree
- working in accounting in a junior position and want to progress your career.
Check the Course Details section for more information about this Masters in Accounting, including subjects to complete, intakes and duration. Alternatively, download a course brochure.
Want to speak to someone about studying this Masters in Accounting in Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney?